About Dr. Kenneth A. Yorgey
Dr. Yorgey earned his dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania Dental School, after earning his bachelor’s degree from the Virginia Military Institute. Prior to entering private practice, Dr. Yorgey completed a general practice residency in the U.S. Army, where he served for over three years. He is a member of the American Dental Association, Virginia Dental Association, and is a Fellow in the Academy of General Dentistry.
Dr. Yorgey has taken numerous postgraduate education courses, specifically selecting courses focused on restorative dentistry. He has recent training in root canals and implant restoration, including full mouth reconstruction, allowing him to incorporate these treatments into his practice. Dr. Yorgey’s commitment to lifelong education ensures his patients with state-of-the-art dental procedures and the highest quality dental care.
Dr. Yorgey and his wife, Carol, have two grown daughters. In his spare time, he enjoys golfing, ballroom dancing, working on his house and yard, stimulating conversation with friends, and vacationing with family at North Carolina’s Outer Banks. Recently, Dr. Yorgey has also become a proud grandfather.
Dr. Yorgey’s memberships include:
- American Dental Association
- Virginia Dental Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
Education & Academic Awards:
- Virginia Military Institute BS Biology 1971 with an average of 3.5 or better
- University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine DMD degree 1975; inducted into the OKU academic honor fraternity
- General Practice Residency US Army General Residency Certificate 1976
- Fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry 1989; completed more than 500 hours of continuing education credits and passed an all day written exam
- Instructor at the University of Pennsylvania Dental School
- Residency certificate for post graduate training in General Dentistry
About Our Staff
Melissa – Front Office/Insurance Administrator
Melissa is our Front Office/Insurance Administrator and has been with the practice for five years now. She loves greeting new and established patients. She can answer any questions regarding your insurance and will do her best to maximize your dental benefits according to your specific needs.
When Melissa is not in the office she is spending time with her husband, three children, and her dog. She enjoys making and trying new recipes, sushi, shopping and Starbucks!
Alexis – Treatment Coordinator/Dental Assistant
Alexis has been in the oral health profession for over 10 years. She has been married to her husband for 5 years and they have two beautiful children together. Alexis wears many hats at our office, she is our Treatment Coordinator as well as Dr. Yorgey’s assistant. Alexis takes great pride in working here with the team and has embraced the challenge of helping grow the practice. She views all of our patients as a friend or family member which creates a comfortable, enjoyable time in our office.
When Alexis is away from the office she loves filling her home with laughter, food, family and friends. She is a born leader and entertainer!